Wednesday 7 August 2013

Party day today.  Visited by the Star Quilters from Warrandyte plus a guest from Australian Quilters Association, lunch with them in Montsalvat's Meeting Pool Restaurant and a visit from my niece.  Back to the studio after lunch, the door burst open and a voice cried  "Oh look thats my horse" followed by "Oh I love it".  Welcome jazz singer Judy Jacques.

Despite suffering from a cold Judy told us how she made the horse for a past Montsalvat Jazz Festival. 
  Inspired by her own horse "Max" this horse was made from plaster bandages. It was part of an exhibition in the Long Gallery at Montsalvat.   So  the plaster horse dressed  in red white and blue  will now be known as Max.  More of his past at a future date.

Meanwhile as I promised last night here is as far as I got on the fluffy knickers for my peacock

And here is what I based it on 
This afternoon some lucky tourists were treated to a magnificent display as he spun round in a circle.

After that yesterdays tag "tsoorruo" seems quite mundane.  And if you didnt guess what it was then on the opposite side of the chookhouse portico sits this


These tags were inspired by the once fashionable house name "emoh ruo"

Well, never a dull Montsalvat moment, today was no exception.  And thank you to the lovely ladies today who donated wool and unfinished knitting oddments.  They add wonderfully to our woolly "painting pallet".  

I think the odd garden tools I promised last night can wait for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment